Thursday, August 22, 2013

A touch of beads in our new environment!


Before I can show you the work I have done in our classroom, I need to show you what I have just  made!!! According to the Reggio Emila approach, the environment must be the 3rd teacher. Construction of chandeliers is a must in any Reggio Inspired classrooms, from what I have read anyhow (books, articles, blogs). Children participate in the making of chandeliers in the classroom, before they are being displayed in their full glory! Hold on, hold on... I didn't actually make a chandelier but I used the idea to create a "picture/drawing/note hanging system".. I don't really know what to call it, to be honest, but I love it. My son (6) and his little cousin (5) helped me and this is what we came up with: 

All I  needed was a piece of drift wood, buttons, and beads! Lots of beads!!!!



 
 
Stay tuned and I will have the photos of our new environment in a few days. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that is beautiful! I may have to construct something like that for our home. Love!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment right here. Thank you :)