Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another pre-reading activity

Here is a little activity we have done these past 2 days. Some children can already recognise their names on their name tags without even referring to the picture attached to it. Some need a bit more practice. This exercise proved to be perfect: the children had to glue the chick peas or split red lentils onto the traced letters of their names. They really had to concentrate hard! Great way to develop their visual memory! (I am sorry if all the photos are crooked! I don't know how to fix this problem. The pictures are perfect in my folder on the computer but for some reason, they come up the wrong way sometimes when I use them on my blog!!)
 



 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! We used to do "bean gluing" as an extension when children were working on numeral recognition, but I never thought to do an activity like this to help children recognize their names. Great fine motor practice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I think my son would love. He is resisting anything to do with learning to write or read, but he is always wanting to glue!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment right here. Thank you :)